CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hey everybody,                                                                            

 It’s been a crazy week. It started snowing on Saturday and went all day and night. In the morning there was 5 inches and church was cancelled. We weren’t allowed to drive either, and since we live out in the boonies and the only way to get around would be walking along an ice highway, we played it safe at home. It snowed more Sunday, and Tuesday and dumped yesterday and we’ve got about 9 inches and it hasn’t stopped since Tuesday. Wasn’t expecting this.

 That is only the beginning of the craziness. Martineau and I expected to both stay in Mount Vernon for this transfer. So we were waiting for calls on Saturday from our Zone Leaders to let us know. Thursday night, last Thursday, our Zone Leaders call and ask me what I think is gonna happen. It wasn’t Saturday so I didn’t know what he was talking about. It was leadership calls on Thursday, and since both Martineau and I didn’t expect getting a call it was surprising. He said we were both getting a leadership position and we’ll find out the next day at the meeting. We’re shocked and figure we’ll be trainers since we’re relatively new and that’s the lowest notch on the ladder. This is why the week was crazy. Martineau goes Zone Leader and I go District Leader. I haven’t even been senior companion yet. It was awesome. So the way it worked out was Martineau is one of my Zone Leaders and I’m one of his District Leaders. It’s crazy.

 So, I’m in Marysville now. I can finally drive and I’ve got a Dodge Caravan. It’s ballin! I’m in a nice apartment and my comps been out 6 weeks. So this transfer will be fun. I’ve got a lot more responsibility and so far I like it. I’m gonna learn a lot.

 Merry Christmas everybody. Thanks for everything. I’m looking forward to the call.

 Love, Nate

 

 

0 comments: