CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

9-7-08

Dear Mom,                                                                                 

 

Good times at the MTC. Saw Rowdy today and ate dinner with him. The spirit is strong. My comp is a quiet guy from Connecticut, he’s cool. The 2 other guys in my area are also cool “Elders.” It is a steep transition calling everybody elder and not “guy” or “dude.” Any dropping words like “sweet”, “bomb,” and, of course, “gnarly.” It is very regulated here with many rules. I can’t wait to get some gym time. Overall, this place is nice. It’s neat seeing elders talking in Chinese and seeing so many elders to be heading all over the world. I definitely have a big maturity/experience advantage on about 99% of these guys, I mean Elders. But they all have the traits I like. So I’m making the change at the MTC, keeping it corny for you. But I can already see changes in myself and many more to come. This shall be an adventure. I’ll keep you posted…

 

Love,

Nate (Elder Packer)

0 comments: